Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Cold, cold, GO AWAY!

It is times like this when I wonder WHY I ever decided to move back to Alaska. When I took Maia to school this morning, it was -5 degrees Farenheit! At that temperature, you can feel your boogers sticking together when you breathe in! My car "warmed up" for 10 minutes and still had a thick layer of frost on it! If yesterday was "Butt Cold", then today is "What the F*&%!" cold!

I long for sunny, WARM days that only require a t-shirt and capris. I have to wear at least two layers in my house in order to keep warm (not counting my undies!). Sigh.

But, on the upside, I got some Christmas shopping done today and that always makes me feel good. I just wish I had an unlimited amount of money so I could buy my loved ones amazing gifts or do nice things for them like pay off their mortgages or buy them new cars. See? I'd use my wealth for good...if anyone out there has any to spare, I can be trusted with it. :)

Anyway, I'm getting more and more excited for Thanksgiving since I've decided that I cannot eat ANY treats until then (I started yesterday). After T-Day, I won't eat any treats except on Tyler's birthday (Dec. 11), our anniversary (Dec. 22), Christmas and New Year's Eve. And then I'll set a new goal concerning my unhealthy addiction to sweets! I really want to lose weight and feel better. I'm so frustrated with how I look. I figure blogging about my goal will help me to stay accountable...feel free to ask me how I'm doing, everyone! Also, I won't be eating after 7:30 p.m. and I plan on exericising 6 days a week for at least 45 minutes (unless I'm doing yoga...I can only take that crap for 30 minutes!). I've largely conquered the food curfew and exercising portions of this challenge, but I've got to teach my body that it is happier without sweets than with them. Wish me luck! Please. :)

1 comment: