Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Our one camping trip of the summer.

Last Friday and Saturday we went to the Brayton ward campout with Dad (he's the Bishop of Brayton ward). We went to Camp LaDaSa, the camp owned by our church, about 90 minutes north of Anchorage. We had a good time, for the most part, but I realized that I don't particularly like camping with large groups of people. I'm not a big fan of Camp LaDaSa, either. But I'm glad we got to go camping at least once this summer! And I think the girls really enjoyed it.
Maia trying to run Maddie up the flag pole.
Maia trying to run herself up the flag pole.
Tyler and I got tired of driving, so we let Maia take the wheel for awhile.
Then Maddie took a turn. She's really wild...she drives with the door open!
Scenic sister-love!
This is when Olly fell in the water when he was trying to take a drink while still on the dock. He panicked once he hit the water and would've been fine except he swam into the ropes that connect those little "rafts" to the dock. That made him panic more. Tyler and I had to finally pick him up out of the water. He was fine and even waded back into the water...but he's no water dog. :)
Tyler carrying Maddie away from our campsite. That's our truck and Dad's white truck with the pop-up camper. I love sleeping in the camper! It's really comfortable!
Maia enjoying her scrambled eggs and pancakes on Saturday morning.
Tyler REALLY loves sausage.
On Saturday morning, August 21st, the Bishopric made a yummy breakfast for everyone. Maia got up with Dad and helped him make batter and Maddie later joined them to lend her keen observational skills to the proceedings. :)
Early-morning snuggles in Grandpa's pop-up camper.
A gorgeous sunset!
Maia walking to our campsite with the gathering "house" in the background. It's mainly a shell with a kitchen, meant to provide shelter and space for large groups to gather together.
Maddie playing with two other girls and a massive beach ball.
Enjoying a yummy dinner on Friday night, August 20th. I love the look Maia is giving Tyler...
Playing at the lake...she's running to find another rock to throw in the water.
Maia (in purple) throwing rocks into the lake.
One happy camper.

No comments:

Post a Comment