Sunday, January 17, 2010

Countdown to LOST!!!

My obsession began in the fall of 2004 when Maia was only slightly more than a year old. I'd seen an ad for a new show called LOST and I thought it looked retarded. I wasn't at all interested. I ended up channel surfing on the night of its premiere, however, and landed right at the beginning of LOST, a handsome Jack pulling me in and making me want to see what was going to happen next. I liked it and decided to take the show on a second date. Flash forward to today and now I am in deep, deep SMIT with this particular show and am anxiously waiting for the new season to begin on February 2nd (which also happens to be Maia Chan's birthday -- she's my childhood best friend and the source of my Maia's name). Part of me doesn't want this season to begin, however, because this is the LAST season and I'll be very sad to see the show end. It has been a gift to have an interesting alternate world to spend time in that isn't real and takes me away from my reality for a little while. It's like "watching" a really good book.

So, laugh if you will. Ridicule me all you want. But I've found joy in a small thing. And that's a big thing. :)

2 comments:

  1. Oh YOU ROCK!!! So glad to here that there are other Lost fans out there too! I am counting down the days also! Loved the blog about it, it made my day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Vanessa! I felt a little bit silly blogging about LOST and it's nice to know you understand how I feel. I'll be thinking of you on Feb. 2nd. Maybe after the show is over we can start a support group for those of us mourning the end of it all. :)

    ReplyDelete