Saturday, February 27, 2010

Our VIP.

Every week in Maia's 1st grade class, a child is spotlighted. That person is the week's VIP. Last Friday was Maia's turn. She filled out a poster with information about her (including pictures) and then she presented it to her class, along with a few other special things. Then she gets to sit in her teacher's chair and the kids ask her questions. She was asked about her favorite dessert, her favorite card game, whether or not she likes her sister (hee, hee) and where she would go on vacation (among other things...there were a lot of questions). I thought for sure she'd say, "Disneyland!!!", but she said, "To Hawaii to see my aunt Mandy." She's never even met her aunt Mandy! I thought that was so sweet! I also found out that she likes mystery books, so we'll work on getting her some of those. Luckily for my mother ego, I wasn't surprised by too many of her answers. I would've taken it hard if I didn't know what most of her answers would be before she said them.
After the presentation and questions, the kids each made a page for a book all about Maia, based on what they learned about her. She'll get it next week and we're excited to see it.
Maia loved being the VIP and we LOVED getting to see the presentation. Maia's grandpa, my dad, was able to come too, as well as Tyler and that was wonderful for Maia. She adores her grandparents (all four of them).
Maia is one of my VIPs every day, but I'm glad she got to feel especially special at school for a whole day too.
I love Maia!

1 comment: