For most of one day (Friday), we were given glorious sun and warmth! It was divine! I knew that the forecast for Saturday was rain (which proved to be true), so I convinced Tyler to come home at noon on Friday and play outside with us. You really do have to take advantage of the warmth and light when it comes here...you never know how long it's going to last and the weather this summer has been rather bipolar: sunny one moment, rainy and blowing wind the next. Anyway, we drove downtown with the girls and walked along 4th Ave. That is the quintessential tourist street in Anchorage. It's lined with restaurants, outside food vendors and gift shops. And large crowds of tourists! Tyler bought a reindeer hot dog (they're delicious!) and we sat in a park while the girls ran around and made friends. It was wonderful and was one of those days that made me grateful that this is where I live.
Mabe you should request sun more offten. Looks like you had a lot of fun in the sun. Your girls are so cute.
ReplyDelete