Friday, August 6, 2010

All dressed up...

Peggy Hicks, our wonderful next-door neighbor and tonight's babysitter, took this picture of Tyler and I in Peggy's driveway.
Tonight was "Date Night" for Tyler and I. It had been a very long time since we'd gone to the temple, so we went to the 6 p.m. endowment session. We only live 15 minutes away from the Anchorage Temple (where we were married almost 11 years ago), so we should be attending far more often! I love being in the temple. I love the way it looks and smells. It smells like new scriptures to me, which is one of my favorite smells. I feel peace the moment I walk in the doors and the entire time I'm there. I love being reminded of what's truly important and why I'm on the earth and that I'm a child of a loving Heavenly Father. I love knowing that I'll be blessed for this simple act of service. I love thinking about someday meeting the woman for whom I participated in the temple ordinances. Tonight, the woman was Marie Bouvier and she lived in France in the late 1700s. I love being in the temple with Tyler and remembering our own wedding and knowing that we can be a forever family with our Maia and Maddie.

No comments:

Post a Comment