Sunday, December 13, 2009

Cutie Maia, enjoying a lazy Sunday afternoon. She is such a lovely, smart, bright (in every sense of the word) girl and I feel so lucky to be her (and Maddie's) mom. I know that I don't deserve such amazing kids and I hope I don't screw them up too much. Sometimes I think I'm their ticket to the Celestial Kingdom...if they can survive their mercurial mother then they will have earned themselves a ticket to "Heaven". :)
For Family Home Evening last week, we made a gingerbread house for the first time. It was pretty fun, but we had a hard time preventing the roof from sliding off and Tyler and I clashed a bit because I'm a perfectionist and he's a structural engineer. :) Maia and Maddie were thrilled just sticking candy wherever there was icing and I think they really enjoyed the whole activity.

A close-up shot of part of the roof of our gingerbread house. I think this picture is just yummy. It makes me happy, for some reason.


So, I want Christmas to be here RIGHT NOW. Anyone who knows me, knows that I'm very impatient and it doesn't seem to be lessening with time. I LOVE giving people presents and getting it right, meaning that they love what I got them. I love seeing their faces when they open a present from me and like what they discover. That's one of the reasons why I have to conciously rein myself in when I buy presents for the girls. I know what will make them squeal with delight and make them insanely happy and the more times I get to see that, the better. :) Anyway, here's hoping I DID get it right this year and that my present recipients will be happy and realize that it's one of the major ways I show my love for people.

No comments:

Post a Comment