Sunday, March 28, 2010

Ooooh-leesha!

My beautiful Alicia Carrigan (formerly Thomas) visited Anchorage this week and I got to spend hours in her wonderful company! As always, her visit was far too short, but I'm grateful I got to see her as much as I did. Maia and Maddie both ADORE their "Aunt" Alicia and love to snuggle her and talk to her. They were sad to see her go. Luckily, we have a 6-hour layover in Portland next month, on our way home from our trip to Idaho Falls, ID, and we'll get to see Alicia and her husband, Beau, then. Yay!
___________________________________________________
Maddie-isms:
"We can't have a cat because cats make Jesus sick." (I've told her several times that we can't have a cat because my dad is allergic to them, but I'm not sure how she made the leap from Grandpa to Jesus!) :)
_________________________________________________
Maddie: "I don't like to go to Sunbeams."
Me: "Why?"
Maddie: "Because I have to be quiet!"
_________________________________________________
We were playing a game where we'd give clues about who we were and the rest of us would guess. Tyler was trying to get us to guess Ursula, the Sea Witch from The Little Mermaid. He said, "I hate the king. I have white hair. I have eight legs. I make potions that turn tails into legs..."
Maddie: "JESUS!!"
_________________________________________________
Last night I was rocking Maddie in the middle of the night because she woke up coughing really hard and was upset. I told her that I'd take care of her. Then I told her that in a few minutes she'd have to go back to her bed. She said, "Taking care of someone means you don't put them in their beds."
Me: "How do you take care of someone then?"
Maddie: "You keep rocking them just like this!"
_________________________________________________
I love my Little Bug, as I call her. She is a hilarious, stubborn sweetie!

1 comment:

  1. Thank You for the laugh tonight! I love the funny things that kids say, they are so great!

    ReplyDelete