The painted nails of Maia Anne Nelsen:
Because birthday parties stress me out, I decided instead to let Maia have a special day with her best friend, Katelyn. First, we went to Star Nails and the girls each got a manicure. It was Maia's 1st and Katelyn's 2nd. They both really enjoyed it and were very happy with how their nails turned out. After that we went to Carrs and bought some treats to enjoy while we watched a movie the girls had picked out earlier. They played for awhile at home with their Pillow Pets (Maia got a bumblebee one from Katelyn for her birthday), we ate pizza and then they watched "Felicity: An American Girl Story" which is a delightful movie. I enjoyed it too. Especially because it was also about a horse. :) The girls giggled and played until 10 when Katelyn decided she was ready to go home (next door).
We'll also be having a family party for Miss Maia, but not until this next Friday or Saturday. My sweet Maia wants to wait until her great-grandparents are here (my mom's parents). They arrive here on the 19th from Phoenix, AZ and Maia wants them to be a part of the celebration. I love that she's willing to put off more partying for them! I also love that Maia even knows her great-grandparents...most children aren't so lucky. I just wish she could also visit with her other great-grandparents, my dad's parents, but they don't have the means to travel all the way up here and it's hard for us to make it down there (Caldwell, ID) very often either. They met Maia when she was a baby, but that was a long time ago!
______________________________________________________
Maia and Katelyn enjoying each other's company:
No comments:
Post a Comment