Today I was called as the 1st counselor in the Young Women presidency in my ward. I am quite happy and excited (and somewhat nervous too)! I've served in the YW presidency before and I've missed spending time with the lovely young women in my ward. This new calling also gives me a much-needed sense of purpose and direction. Besides mothering and trying to support and love Tyler, I'm not really sure how I should be spending my time and what I should be working towards. I've felt lately like I'm just floating and I haven't been able to decide in what direction I should be heading. I mean, I know that I need to work on keeping the commandments and the covenants I've made, but this new calling is a concrete place to direct my energies and maybe I'll be blessed (as I do my best) with the direction that I need and want. I feel very determined to do a good job and really enjoy this calling.
After Sacrament meeting, three of the YW that I came to know and love the last time I served in the YW presidency, came up to me and told me how very happy they are that I would be in YW again. They made my day! One girl told me that when they announced my name she wanted to run up to the stand and give the Bishop a hug. Isn't that sweet?
Except for the Mia Maid advisor, I think I'm the oldest leader in YW now. The new president and the other counselor are both at least a few years younger than me and the 2nd counselor has only been married for 6 weeks! Crazy! But all of the other leaders are wonderful or seem to be (two of the newly-called leaders are new to our ward too) and I'm really looking forward to working with them.
The other big change in my life is that tomorrow morning at 10 a.m. we will sign on the dotted line to buy our new home. We officially sold our old home last Monday and we've been living with my parents since last Sunday evening. I'm so grateful my parents were willing to take in a homeless family (ha, ha) and that we're so comfortable around them. We thought we were going to be able to close and move in a few days ago and it's been a frustrating journey, but we know we're still very, very lucky and we're thrilled to be moving into this new house! So, tomorrow after the closing, we'll begin unloading our two U-Haul vans and hopefully, we'll sleep in our new house tomorrow night! Yippee!
There are no pictures with this post because my camera is packed...the girls had to wear their snow boots to church today too because their church shoes were packed. Luckily, they each had a dress to wear, at least. :)
Pictures of us in our new house will be posted soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment